donderdag 28 juli 2011

In the pocket!

Again it's been long since my last update. In fact, the course is in recess for the summer right now. But since that time, I have mainly been playing my finished flute. It plays sufficiently loud amongst the other instruments, while sounding even more subtle in group recordings than my French flute, so to me, that's a big mission accomplished!

I have to give you an update on the bottom D, though. After asking around on the Chiff 'n' Fipple forums, I learned that the flare for a D foot has to be substantially larger than that of a C foot, because of the average bore diameter vs. overall length ratio being different.

I don't think that I can completely fix that on my current right-hand section, since it is probably already too sharply tuned and too thinly walled to mend the issue completely. So instead I want to start the next season by making a new right-hand section.

But overall I'm quite happy with the end result. Here are a few clips I've recorded for demonstration purposes (nothing too fancy):

Gwenegan
Le Beau Rosier

But now for the best news. My friend and fellow band member Deborah was so kind to spend a band evening on sowing me a flute bag, using my most favourite of her designs: the Bunny Band (with Wooden Flute Bunny!)

(Due to the repetition of the pattern you mostly see Flute Bunny, Guitar Bunny and Button Box Bunny, which means you're missing out on Fiddle Bunny and Drum Bunny. I'm telling you: they're equally cool!)







Now why did she get to sign her flute bag, while I forgot to sign to my flute? How dumb of me!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten